Sunday, March 15, 2015

You're Better than Samsung

I will never buy a product that needs to shit on the competition to advertise itself.

That's probably why I find Samsung phones unattractive.



And why I change the channel every time this Ford Territory MkII ad comes on:


It just makes me cringe at all the ugly traits coming through... insecurity... meanness... I don't know, why is it necessary to shit on other products and people to sell ourselves?

If that's the territory you are veering into with anything you are doing, you are playing a losing game. Because it's all about how you perceive yourself: if you are saying the other people are worse, that's not saying you are the best. I think that's a distinction that can often get lost.

Ultimately, you sell by convincing people you are what they want. And really, what do people want - something that's comparatively better than something that's been shat all over, or the best?

I believe everyone of us has the possibility of being the best in our own way. Do you believe that about yourself?


Cheers,
Sarah

Btw, if you're wondering how I can be employed in HR, and write about HR - here's my explanation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...